When it comes to wearing your long hair coiffed for prom consider the following factors:
1. The style of your prom gown.
2. Maintainability of your hairstyle for a long Prom night.
3. Whether your hairstyle will be created at home, by a friend or a professional hairdresser.
4. Hair Accessory considerations. Do you wish to wear a special hair accessory such as a tiara comb or flowers in your hair? While you can wear most hair accessories with up or down hairstyle, keep in mind that some accessories work better in certain hairstyles.
5. Historical hair challenges. If your hair tends to hold texture easily, you may be fine with a long luscious Prom hairdo. On the flip side, if your hair doesn't hold a curl, you may be more comfortable with a half up/half down or a chignon or twist.
6. Special Prom themes. If your Prom has a unique theme you may wish to coif your hair to match and this may impact your ultimate long hair style selection.
Contrary to some, long wavy and naturally curly hair can easily be coiffed into an array of gorgeous updos. Don't be discouraged if you read otherwise. Unfortunately there is a lot of hair misinformation on the Internet.
When in doubt, continue to do your own research and find the hairstyles you love that will work great with your long hair.
A great professional hairdresser with experience in styling long hair can create an amazing array of gorgeous hairstyle for long hair.
Be sure to stop by the HairBoutique.com Hairstyle Gallery for thousands of Prom and long hair style ideas.
A key point to remember is to practice your Prom hairstyle with enough time to tweak it to your ultimate dream hairstyle.